Terms Of Service
Terms of Service
Knight Tech services may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage or distribution of any information, data or material in violation of any applicable law or regulation or that may directly facilitate the violation of any particular law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material; trademarks; trade secrets or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization; material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
Sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial messages over the Internet (known as "spamming") is prohibited, regardless of whether or not it overloads a server or disrupts service to Knight Tech's customers. Knight Tech reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, what constitutes a violation of this provision.
System and Network Abuse
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation the following: unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks; interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks; forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
Viruses and Other Destructive Activities
Use of Knight Tech's services or equipment for creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, or for pinging, flooding or mail bombing, or engaging in denial of service attacks is prohibited.
The use of Knight Tech's services to store, post, display, transmit, advertise or otherwise make available any type of pornography is prohibited. Knight Tech as required by law, and will, notify law enforcement agencies when it becomes aware of the presence of pornography on, or being transmitted through its services.
Knight Tech reserves the right to suspend the services if the payments are not made by the due date. Knight Tech shall not be held liable for any kind of loss due to disruption of services.
Actions Taken by Knight Tech
The failure by a customer to meet or follow any of the TOS is grounds for account deactivation. Knight Tech will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of the TOS. Knight Tech reserves the right to remove any account without prior notice and to refuse service to anyone at any time. Depending on the severity of the violation, Knight Tech may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend or terminate a customer's web hosting account and/or pursue other civil remedies. If such violation is a criminal offense, Knight Tech will notify the appropriate law enforcement authorities of such violation. Knight Tech does not issue credits for outages incurred through service disablement resulting from TOU violations. Knight Tech customers agree to indemnify and hold harmless Knight Tech from any claims resulting from the use of our services that damages them or any other party.
Knight Tech does not allow IRC or IRC bots to be operated by Web Hosting and E-Commerce customers.
Knight Tech's Web Hosting and E-Commerce accounts should not be used to distribute illegal or pirated software and/or multimedia products.
The Knight Tech service is provided on an as is, as available basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Knight Tech and its partners and suppliers will not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transaction or use of the service.
Knight Tech strictly prohibits its Partners from publicly disclosing their own earnings because no one person’s income is typical but does show what is possible with time, effort, and dedication.
What you earn as an Knight Tech partners is wholly determined by your own individual efforts. Knight Tech does not guarantee that any partners will earn any amount of income or any income at all from the promotion of our program.
The amount of time and/or money you invest in your business, will determine your success.
We protect your personal data and do not share it with third parties.
Definitions of personal data?
Personal data is any information that allows you to be identified. The types of personal data Knight Tech collect may include details of your name, address, telephone number, email address, fax number and date of birth.
We do not collect personal data about your racial and ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or conditions, sexual life or any other sensitive information.
Practices and procedures to collect your personal data
Knight Tech collect personal data from you through the use of enquiry and registration forms, direct personal contact with you and every time you e-mail us your details. We will use your personal data where it is necessary to do so because it is relevant to Knight Tech' dealings with you (i.e. it is relevant to the provision of the services that you have requested from Knight Tech) including for billing, customer service and network management.
Without your consent, we will not use your personal data for direct marketing, including the provision of offers for Knight Tech and its third party partners' products and services and customer surveys. We will not process personal information about you without your express consent. Knight Tech will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
If you have consented at the point of collection to Knight Tech (and/or any third party) providing you with direct marketing material you will be requested to elect the type of media via which this material shall be provided (for example, by post, e-mail, telephone or fax). We will only provide you with such material via your chosen media.
If, at any stage, you object to Knight Tech' use of your personal data for direct marketing or to the media in which such material is being sent, you may choose to unsubscribe to its receipt. If you have consented to receive third party direct marketing you will need to unsubscribe directly with that third party.
Use of "cookies"
Security of your personal data
Knight Tech has in place appropriate technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful disclosure or access to or, accidental or unlawful loss of or destruction, or alteration or unauthorized disclosure of or access to, or other damage to your personal data. These measures ensure an appropriate level of security in relation to the risks inherent in the processing and the nature of the personal data to be protected.
Your rights to your personal data
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. During this period, you may contact our officer at any time if you would like to see details of the personal data that we hold about you. You also may inform yourself about the purposes for which your personal data are being used, details of the parties with whom we may share your personal data or to ask us to correct, update, supplement or delete this personal data.
Acceptable User Policy
Acceptable User Policy There are several policies created to ensure fairness to all of the clients that host with Knight Tech
- Pornography, pirated software, mp3 archives, rom archives, cracking/hacking tools, and spamming are not allowed at Knight Tech. Any material of this nature or links to material of this nature will cause the account to be shut down without financial refund. These types of sites waste bandwidth and slow down the servers. It is not realistic to allow one site to ruin the speed for all of the sites. Additionally, sites of this nature often place web hosts at legal risk, and therefore cannot be allowed.
- Knight Tech reserves the right to close any website that is using an unreasonable amount of bandwidth or server CPU time. This policy protects other web sites located within the same web server farm from becoming bogged down by the abusively high traffic site.
- Clients that tax the machine down with malfunctioning pages or cgi scripts will lose their right to have dynamic pages (such as ASP, iHTML, and Cold Fusion. and cgi scripts). Everybody writes a code that locks up from time to time, but Knight Tech will not allow one client's scripts to ruin uptime or performance for the rest of the clients. Keep this policy in mind when uploading cgi scripts or dynamic pages, since you assume full responsibility for every file that you upload. If your cgi or other dynamic content is causing a noticeable performance bottleneck, your account will be disabled.
- Failure to pay on time will result in the loss of the account. Knight Tech wants to give premier support to paying customers. Therefore, Knight Tech cannot waste time supporting those who do not pay.
- The funds that the Partner adds in the Partner Program as an "Add Fund" can be used for providing all offered available services in the Knight Tech website
- Websites that contain material that is intentionally offensive to racial minorities are not permitted. Sites that are found to contain such offensive content will be closed.
- If you send Spam, your account will be closed. If a client you host in your account sends Spam, your client's site will be immediately and permanently closed. In extreme cases, your account may also be closed. We do not and will not tolerate Spam. It is your responsibility to make sure your clients realize that Spam is not and will not be tolerated. Spam is a waste of our network and system resources, and we are completely intolerant of anybody who sends or attempts to send Spam.
- We reserve the right to charge US$100 per spam message that is sent or attempted to be sent to or through any of our servers. If a spammer is putting uptime or performance at risk by flogging the email services with spam, we have every legal right to receive payment from the spam sender or the company represented within the spam to cover the cost of the services rendered. This policy applies equally to Knight Tech customers and non-Knight Tech customers.
- Knight Tech reserves the right to block incoming email from any remote SMTP relay at any time for any reason. If a remote SMTP relay is misconfigured, spammers will often exploit the remote relay to send thousands (sometimes millions of spam). If a spammer is abusing a remote SMTP relay to mail bomb domains at Knight Tech, Knight Tech will immediately block the IP of the SMTP relay that the spammer is abusing. Knight Tech also subscribes to multiple RBLs (real-time blocking lists. to automatically block known open SMTP relays and known spamming relays. While this policy dramatically reduces the amount of spam sent to Knight Tech, this may inadvertently block some legitimate email.
- Knight Tech cannot and will not be held liable for any problem incurred while hosting with Knight Tech. By hosting with Knight Tech, you assume any and all risk for possible downtime and other server/connection related problems. If you are not willing to assume this risk, you should not host with Knight Tech. While Knight Tech makes every possible attempt to maintain the highest possible level of uptime, Knight Tech will not under any circumstances make any expressed or implied guarantee for any specific level of uptime.
- If you sell hosting services to other customers using your Knight Tech account, it is your responsibility to support those customers. Your customers must contact you for support issues.
- In the event of a price or policy change, all customers (new and old. are subject to the price or policy change. These changes may occur at any time without any notice from Knight Tech. Knight Tech customers should check the Knight Tech website periodically to check for changes to pricing or policy.
- Pricing and policies are subject to change at any time. Our policies are non-negotiable.
- Do not do anything illegal or anything that adversely affects Knight Tech's legal interests. The following list is non-exclusive, and should not be considered license to commit other illegal activities not specified below. All illegal activity is prohibited, and Knight Tech will cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials and/or agencies investigating and/or prosecuting such activities a. Cracking (Hacking. -- attempts to access accounts or systems other than the user's own accounts or systems or an account or system that the user has been explicitly authorized to access is illegal under federal and state law. b. Child pornography -- as defined by U.S. law. This is strictly prohibited and dealt with quickly and harshly. c. Interstate gambling -- because Internet traffic generally ignores state and country boundaries, any Internet based gambling site is restricted by Federal Inter-state gambling regulations. d. Pyramid schemes or fraud -- are illegal under a number of Federal, State and Local laws. e. Theft of services -- attempts to utilize services that are not contracted for is considered theft and will be dealt with as such. f. Harassment -- use of network to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person is prohibited. A guide to legal resources on the Internet is located at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/law/ Please consult an attorney if you are unsure of the legal status of your activities.
- Do anything that threatens the integrity of Knight Tech's network or the utilization thereof by other persons. a. Denial of Service (DOS attacks -- no customer will commit a DOS attack against any customer's host, or any other host on the Internet. Similarly, no customer will willfully or negligently allow incitement of others to attack any host on our network, or any other host on the Internet. b. RBL -- No customer shall do anything that could get any portion of our IP space put on the RBL (Realtime Black List. as maintained by MAPS (http://www.mail-abuse.com.or other similar organizations, or perform activities that would cause portions of the Internet to refuse to route traffic to any portion of our IP space.
- Spam -- no customer shall send unsolicited commercial email, unsolicited mass mailings, spam or flood newsgroups, or anything of that sort. If you have questions about what is allowed and what is not,
please refer to http://spam.abuse.net.
a. No spam may originate from our IP space.
b. No spam may advertise sites or services located on our IP space (even if the spam originates elsewhere, or IP space which receives IP transit over our IP network.
c. No customer shall use third party mail servers to relay spam. This is considered a DOS attack on the third party and will be treated as such.
d. No customer shall participate in pyramid schemes or email chain letters.
Knight Tech reserves the right to terminate or interrupt any account in part or in full without refund for violation of these Terms of Service. In all but the most extreme or serious cases, good faith attempts will be made to resolve an issue without interruption of service. In cases where service has been terminated or interrupted, resolution will be handled on an individual case basis, at Knight Tech's sole discretion.